These terms and conditions apply to all categories of the
Cadw Membership Scheme
In these terms and conditions:
- Membership Card is the card issued to Cadw members which provides a range of benefits to those members.
- Membership Cardholder is the person named on the Membership Card.
- The Membership Card may only be used by the person to whom it was issued and it is not transferable.
- The Membership Card shall entitle the Membership Cardholder to free entry in to Cadw paying sites during normal opening hours for those sites. Free entry to Cadw paying sites or parts of sites will not normally be allowed on special occasions or event days which are outside normal opening hours for those sites. Cadw reserves the right to impose additional charges for special events and exhibitions at Cadw sites and possession of a Membership Card shall not entitle the Membership Cardholder to free entry to special events and/or exhibitions.
- If the Membership Card entitles the Membership Cardholder to discounted or free entry in to English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage paying sites during normal opening hours for those sites, discounted or free entry to such sites or parts of sites will not normally be allowed on special occasions or event days.
- If the Membership Cardholder uses or attempts to use the Membership Card at any English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage site, such use will also be subject to any terms and conditions of English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage.
- To gain discounted or free entry to any sites or purchase Cadw discounted priced goods, the Membership Card must be produced (photocopies will not be accepted). If the Membership Card is not produced, the full charge for entry or full purchase price must be paid and the Membership Cardholder shall not be entitled to any refund of those payments.
- Membership Cardholders may be requested to provide separate proof of identity when using the Membership Card and Cadw reserve the right to refuse free entry if such proof of identity is not provided.
- Cadw, English Heritage, Historic Scotland and Manx Heritage reserve the right to refuse entry at their discretion. Cadw shall not be responsible for any refusal by English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage to accept a Membership Card.
- The Membership Card is valid from the date of issue until the expiry date specified on the Membership Card or in the case of any life member, for the life of that member.
- The Membership Card remains the property of Cadw. If the Membership Card is lost, the Membership Cardholder must apply to Cadw for a replacement Membership Card which will be charged at £2.50.
- The giving of incorrect information with the intent of defrauding Cadw, or improper use of the Membership Card, will result in forfeiture of the Membership Card.
- A failure by the Membership Cardholder to make any payment due and owing to Cadw will result in forfeiture of the Membership Card.
- Cadw reserves the right to withdraw discounted and/or free entry at any or all Cadw, English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage sites at any time on reasonable notice. Such notice will be posted onto the Cadw website (www.gov.wales/cadw).
- Cadw reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions or the benefits available to Membership Cardholders at any time by posting any changes on the Cadw website. Any changes will take place on the date that they are posted onto the website. You are advised to check these terms and conditions regularly for updates.
- Subject to clause 15, Cadw and the third party provider it uses to process the Membership Card will only use your personal information to process your order for, and administer, the Membership Card and will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third party unless required to do so by any law or regulation.
- Cadw would like to send you information about Cadw’s services, products and sites. If you do not wish to receive any further information, please tick/untick the relevant boxes on the Membership Card Application Form. You may also email us at email@example.com at any time and Cadw will remove you from its mailing list.
- When joining the Cadw Membership Scheme online, you should receive any confirmation email(s) within 10 minutes. If you do not please check any junk or spam folders. If the confirmation does not arrive within 24 hours please contact the Cadw membership team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a Membership Cardholder paying by Direct Debit falls behind with payment Cadw reserves the right to refuse entry to Cadw paying sites, to revoke that membership and seek the outstanding balance owed in respect of that membership.
- If a Membership Cardholder wishes to make changes to their membership category during the course of their current subscription, for instance from joint to single, the Membership Cardholder should contact Cadw who will implement this so that the new category of membership will be reflected in that member’s new renewal. No new Membership Card or refunds will be issued. If a Membership Cardholder wishes to add an additional member, Cadw will ask the Membership Cardholder to pay the difference and will issue new Membership Cards accordingly.
- Cadw will contact Membership Cardholders approximately one month before their membership is due for renewal, detailing the expiry date of that membership and any further actions the Membership Cardholder may need to take in order to continue their subscription.
- If a Membership Cardholder’s membership subscriptions are paid by Direct Debit, Cadw will automatically renew that Membership Cardholder’s membership after 12 months and collect the monies for the coming subscription period unless that member notifies Cadw that they do not wish to renew their membership prior to the renewal date.
- Where you apply for a Membership Card via online application or by telephone you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of the date of application and receive a refund of membership fees paid; provided that if you have visited any Cadw paying site(s) within that period you shall be liable to pay the applicable entry fees in respect of such visit(s).