Coronavirus specific T&Cs:
In line with advice from Public Health Wales and wider safety measures implemented by the UK Government, some Cadw sites are currently closed to the public.
To compensate for this, we previously offered our members the chance to claim a three month extension on their Cadw year, which has now changed to six months’ membership FOR FREE.
Please find details of this below. If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs page.
Compensation for existing members:
Due to unprecedented site closures caused by the rise of COVID-19 in Wales, Cadw members who joined on or before 08 April 2020 will now be awarded six months’ membership FOR FREE.
This offer can be redeemed in one of two ways:
Option 1: if you decide to renew your membership for another year without a break in payment, you will automatically receive 50% off your renewal price.
Option 2: if you decide not to renew for another year, please contact us and we will arrange for a temporary six month card to be issued out to you — which will be valid from your membership renewal date.
We appreciate that this is a difficult time for everyone and we hugely value your continued membership of Cadw. The support that this provides will help us continue to properly conserve and care for our historic monuments, all while keeping them safe for our visitors.
Please visit our FAQ page or contact our membership team if you have any questions:
Telephone: 0800 0743121
These terms and conditions apply to all categories of the Cadw Membership Scheme
The Membership Card is the card issued to Cadw members which provides a range of benefits to those members. The Membership Cardholder is the person named on the Membership Card.
- The Membership Card entitles the Membership Cardholder to free entry to Cadw sites, free membership pack including a map, 10% off in Cadw gift shops, free entry to Manx National Heritage Properties and 50% off entry to English Heritage and Historic Scotland sites in year one of membership and free entry on renewal. As part of your membership you will also receive an email newsletter.
- The Membership Card may only be used by the person to whom it was issued and it is not transferable.
- As part of your membership contract, your personal data will only be kept for 12 months after the expiry date and then anonymised for auditing, reporting and evaluation purposes – no personal data will be retained after this time. During these 12 months you will be contacted occasionally by post or e-mail with information on membership renewal only.
- The Membership Card shall entitle the Membership Cardholder to free entry into Cadw paying sites during normal opening hours for those sites. Free entry to Cadw paying sites or parts of sites will not normally be allowed on special occasions or event days which are outside normal opening hours. Cadw reserves the right to impose additional charges for special events and exhibitions at Cadw sites and possession of a Membership Card shall not entitle the Membership Cardholder to free entry to special events and/or exhibitions.
- If the Membership Card entitles the Membership Cardholder to discounted or free entry in to English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage paying sites during normal opening hours for those sites, discounted or free entry to such sites or parts of sites will not normally be allowed on special occasions or event days.
- If the Membership Cardholder uses or attempts to use the Membership Card at any English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage site, such use will also be subject to any terms and conditions of English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage.
- To gain discounted or free entry to any sites or purchase Cadw discounted priced goods, the Membership Card must be produced (photocopies will not be accepted). If the Membership Card is not produced, the full charge for entry or full purchase price must be paid and the Membership Cardholder shall not be entitled to any refund of those payments. All individual members named within joint or family memberships are required to produce membership cards to gain discounted or free entry to any sites or purchase Cadw discounted priced goods.
- Membership Cardholders may be requested to provide separate proof of identity when using the Membership Card and Cadw reserve the right to refuse free entry if such proof of identity is not provided.
- Cadw, English Heritage, Historic Scotland and Manx Heritage reserve the right to refuse entry at their discretion. Cadw shall not be responsible for any refusal by English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage to accept a Membership Card.
- The Membership Card is valid from the date of issue until the expiry date specified on the Membership Card or in the case of any life member, for the life of that member.
- The Membership Card remains the property of Cadw. If the Membership Card is lost, the Membership Cardholder must apply to Cadw for a replacement Membership Card which will be charged at £2.50.
- The giving of incorrect information with the intent of defrauding Cadw, or improper use of the Membership Card, will result in forfeiture of the Membership Card.
- A failure by the Membership Cardholder to make any payment due and owing to Cadw will result in forfeiture of the Membership Card.
- Cadw reserves the right to withdraw discounted and/or free entry at any or all Cadw, English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage sites at any time on reasonable notice. Such notice will be posted onto the Cadw website (www.gov.wales/cadw).
- Cadw reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions or the benefits available to Membership Cardholders at any time by posting any changes on the Cadw website. Any changes will take place on the date that they are posted onto the website. You are advised to check these terms and conditions regularly for updates.
- When joining the Cadw Membership Scheme online, you should receive any confirmation email(s) within 10 minutes. If you do not please check any junk or spam folders. If the confirmation does not arrive within 24 hours please contact the Cadw membership team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 0743121.
- If a Membership Cardholder paying by Direct Debit falls behind with payment Cadw reserves the right to refuse entry to Cadw paying sites, to revoke that membership and seek the outstanding balance owed in respect of that membership.
- If a Membership Cardholder wishes to make changes to their membership category during the course of their current subscription, for instance from joint to single, the Membership Cardholder should contact Cadw who will implement this so that the new category of membership will be reflected in that member’s new renewal. No new Membership Card or refunds will be issued. If a Membership Cardholder wishes to add an additional member, Cadw will ask the Membership Cardholder to pay the difference and will issue new Membership Cards accordingly.
- Cadw will contact Membership Cardholders approximately one month before their membership is due for renewal, detailing the expiry date of that membership and any further actions the Membership Cardholder may need to take in order to continue their subscription.
- If a Membership Cardholder’s membership subscriptions are paid by Direct Debit, Cadw will automatically renew that Membership Cardholder’s membership after 12 months and collect the monies for the coming subscription period unless that member notifies Cadw that they do not wish to renew their membership prior to the renewal date. If paying by direct debit, you will be contacted at least 14 days before your membership expires to inform you that your membership will be renewed automatically unless otherwise instructed.
- Where you apply for a Membership Card via online application or by telephone you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of the date of application and receive a refund of membership fees paid; provided that if you have visited any Cadw paying site(s) within that period you shall be liable to pay the applicable entry fees in respect of such visit(s).
- National Museum Wales, The National Library of Wales and RCAHMW 10% discount offer
Cadw Members can enjoy a 10% discount at The National Library of Wales or any Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales shops, and RCAHMW is also offering 10% off its publications. Please show your Membership Card at the shops.
Terms and conditions
- A valid Cadw Membership Card must be shown to staff at the shops
- Discount will only apply once and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers
The National Library of Wales (siop.llgc.org.uk)
- Discount is limited to the shop and subject to a minimum of £5 spend
- Discount from online shop using CADW10$16 as the promotional discount code
- Discount does not apply to Library events and Blue dot restricted items
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (rcahmw.gov.uk)
- Discount applies to full-price publications only